I had the best time on Friday at a Girl’s Night Out: Favorite Things Party. It was such a great idea! Here’s how it works in case you would like to recreate your own:
- Each guest brings their favorite $10 or less item (3 of them) wrapped (Rookie mistake: I didn’t bring an extra to talk about the item so I had to unwrap one)
- Each guest’s name goes in a jar 3x
- Each guest takes turns explaining why they love the item and then picks 3 names from the jar to share their favorite things with
- Each guest leaves the party with 3 items and are welcome to exchange with each other at the end
Pro Tip: Our hostess with the mostess, Maria, was so incredible! She surprised each guest with a bonus item (there is NO WAY that she complied with the $10 price limit, her fav things were EVERYTHING) so we got to see so many of her favorite things and she did not include her name in the exchange. Maria also provided an INCREDIBLE spread of Mexican food, margaritas (including freshly sliced limes and oranges, she is CLEARLY AMAZING!), wine and her DROP DEAD GORGEOUS HOME (she indulged us by giving us a tour and I am still in AWE)!
My Favorite Things: Let’s Get Clean, Let’s Treat our Skin and Let’s Get Camera Ready!
I will share 10 of my favorite things + 6 of the things I loved the most from the GNO party that I CANNOT wait to try! I love my favorite things so much that I simply CANNOT go a day without them (Click on the image to Purchase).
Legal Disclosure: Fun With Zs is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
My Favorite Things: Let’s Get Clean
1. Betadine Surgical Scrub: I could not find this online but I had to share this with you (I am sure that you are wondering what the heck I do with this). This has been a MIRACLE in a bottle (note: there is also a Betadine Solution product and that IS NOT the correct product)! I saw a dermatologist a few years ago due to acne and this was the cleanser that was recommended for me to use daily. I have not looked back since and as long as I follow my regime I have NO SKIN ISSUES!!! I’ve tried EVERY acne product under the sun and nothing worked like this simple solution.
2. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes: If you are inconsistent (or perhaps just plain lazy at night) this is a great alternative to sleeping with make-up on your face. My friend shared these with me and I have been consistently using them ever since!
3. Pre de Provence Honey Almond Soap: This is an incredibly luxurious french-milled bar of soap made with shea butter. If you love a soap that can also exfoliate your skin, look no further! I take this soap with me EVERYWHERE, bathing just would not be the same without it!
4. Meyer’s Hand Soap: This hand soap has such a great variety of scents and does not dry out my skin like other hand soaps. Pro Tip: buy the bottles and then refill them with the refill jug you can get the Basil scent on Subscribe and Save for $4.55 which will refill 2.6 bottles.
5. RICA Room Mist Spray: I LOVE this spray! I found it at my salon and I am OBSESSED. I chose a cent that would appeal to me and my husband, White Pepper + Sugar Cane, it has notes of Amber, Fig, Fennel and Yam. It’s spice with a hint of sweet (just like me)! I will try other fragrances over time.
My Favorite Things: Let’s Treat our Skin
6. Nivea Creme: If you have dry skin (or dry feet like me), this is a miracle in the bottle! I use this daily on my hands and feet and it does wonders for my skin. My husband discovered it and let’s just suffice it to say that I’ve increase the delivery frequency on my Amazon subscription.
7. L’Occitane Shea Butter: I love to use this product on my lips (occasionally on my hands/feet)! It’s such a great moisturizing product! A little goes a very long way! I have been using the same tin since last August and I am certain that it will last the full year. Also love the Solidarity Balm which is typically sold for a limited time and 100% of the profits are donated to promote women’s leadership worldwide.
My Favorite Things: Let’s Get Camera Ready
8. MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara: I’ve tried so many mascara’s over the year but this one has stood the test of time. It lengthens, thickens and separates my brows with virtually no clumping!
9. Alex and Ani Bracelet: There is not a day that goes by that I am not wearing ARM CANDY. I love to mix and match them based on my wardrobe and they are my absolute favorite accessory! I have a few Bourbon and Bowties Bracelets and they are pretty special (be sure to order the RIGHT SIZE to get it onto your wrist and keep it there!!!)
10. Hanae Mori: This is HANDS DOWN my favorite perfume! Pay the extra and get the EDP rather than EDT, it is WORTH IT, the scent lasts so much longer and a little goes a very long way! When you smell good, you feel good and you smile more! That makes you CAMERA READY in my mind!
My Girl’s Favorite Things:
1. Dualplex Fruit & Veggie Life Extender: I am hoping that I can say goodbye to rotten berries!
2. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter: This body butter smells like cupcakes, glitter, gum drops and rainbows (i.e. all things awesome)!
3. Bio-Oil: How have a never heard of this??? I hope this works on mature stretch marks!!!
4. Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer: I wish I did have to help my brows along by filling them in but such is life. Looking forward to making that process easier!
5. Essie Good To Go Top Coat: I always get the bright idea to polish my nails close to bedtime which means that I often wake with unintentional matte and textured nails. I can’t wait to see if this truly dries my nails in minutes as promised by my girlfriend!
6. The Spatty Daddy: Can’t wait to get the last out of all of my products (lipstick, lip gloss, creams/lotions, etc.). Why didn’t I think of this! I could have been on Shark Tank!!!
I hope you enjoy a few of my favorite things + those recommended by my girls! I would love to hear from you! What are you favorite things???