2016 is about reinvesting time in my passion for reading. I plan to read a minimum of 1 book per month; I’ve purchased most of these books already to keep the momentum going, so wish me luck and comment below to let me know what you are reading or what you think about my selections.
1. The Bible – To remain balanced, I must feed my soul from the source
2. Fervent – I was gifted this book due to challenges I’m facing in my professional life; I look forward to learning how to pray purposefully
3. Travel Lightly – My pastor, Craig Oliver Sr. wrote a book! He is such a gifted spiritual leader and orator so I can’t wait to read this one
4. The Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes – I have a habit of limiting myself, it’s time to SAY YES!
5. You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero – I am striving to achieve goals I’ve been running from for years, I need reinforcement!
6. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg – As the saying goes, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Well, let’s see how this goes!
Book Club Reads
7. To Kill a Mockingbird – I can’t believe I’ve never read this book, it is on my list thanks to a book club that I never actually had the time/opportunity to attend
8. Go Set a Watchman – This book also landed on my list due to my failed book club attempt and I hope that it lives up to the hype
Best Sellers / Recommendations
9. The Husband’s Secret – I came across this book on the best sellers list and I’m sure it will become a guilty pleasure
10. Between the World and Me – Racial tension is at an all time high and everyone has an opinion on what’s it is like to be Black in America, I am interested in understanding this author’s perspective
11. The Secret Handshake by Kathleen Kelley – Mastering the Politics of the Business Inner Circle – One of my mentors highly recommended this book and since politics are often unavoidable, I am looking forward to increasing my savvy
12. The Negotiation Book – I completed an intense negotiations course with The Gap Partnership and this was a parting gift so why not add some new tools to my kit!